Thank you for your interest in working for Ronald McDonald House Charities Eastern Wisconsin! Please see our available opportunity below. If you would like to volunteer, click here for more information.
Community Engagement Coordinator
RMHC Eastern Wisconsin (RMHC) is a premier Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together while their seriously ill or injured child is being treated at an area hospital. RMHC is currently seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to manage and coordinate volunteer group projects and tasks. The Coordinator will work collaboratively across the organization to ensure that volunteer needs are met and that the volunteer group projects are beneficial to the families we serve. RMHC is an incredibly rewarding work environment where every day brings a new and compelling story about the children and families we serve. We work hard as a team to move our mission forward. This is a full-time position and the compensation package will be commensurate with the responsibilities of the role and the experience of the candidate. RMHC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Description: Manages and coordinates RMHC volunteer group projects and support of the RMHC volunteer program. This Coordinator will report to the Director of Volunteer Services and will collaborate and work closely with the Family Meal Program Coordinator and Director of House Operations.
- Coordinate the recruitment, scheduling, evaluation and ongoing communication efforts for volunteer groups
- Assist Volunteer Services Director with administrative support of the volunteer program
- Be an ambassador for RMHC volunteering, assisting with volunteer recruitment with a focus on local schools and universities
- Develop new relationships with organizations in the community and identify new opportunities for volunteer groups
- Collaborate with Operations Team to identify, plan and execute facilities-related projects with volunteer groups
- Provide volunteer group tours of the RMHC
- Collect and report volunteer activity in Exceed! and Volgistics
- Manage Speaker’s Bureau program including scheduling and coordination of speaking events, maintaining collateral and presentation materials and proper stewardship of the program
- Support Family Meal Program Coordinator with the Family Meal Program, including touring groups and acting as the liaison to group when the Meal Program Coordinator is unavailable
- Collaborate with Volunteer Services Director in managing volunteers at RMHC special events, including Chef’s Dinner, Tab Toss Day, Golf Classic, Gala and Holiday Boutique
- Assist Volunteer Services Director with the annual volunteer appreciation event
- Provide support with other RMHC projects that are mission focused and engage volunteers
Candidates should have passion for the RMHC mission and demonstrate the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience with managing projects and volunteers in a not-for-profit preferred
- Flexibility in work schedule, with occasional evenings and weekends necessary
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and proactively communicate status
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Calm, professional and compassionate demeanor with ability to communicate and connect with a diverse audience of families, volunteers and stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with database knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Display, embrace and demonstrate a “can do” attitude with the ability to work collaboratively with others
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and desired hourly compensation to Simone Gaspar, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com by April 27th.
Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services, Graphic Design, Marketing and PR, and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.