Title: Database and Gift Services Manager
Reporting to: Development Director
Date: March 12, 2018
Ronald McDonald House Charities Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. – Position Description
RMHC Eastern Wisconsin (RMHC) is a premier Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together while their seriously ill or injured child is being treated at an area hospital. RMHC is currently seeking a Database and Gift Services Manager. Leading candidates will demonstrate compassion and enthusiasm for our mission and exhibit strong database skills. RMHC offers a rewarding work environment where every day’s focus is on providing the best possible stay experience for the families we serve. We work hard as a team to move our mission forward. If you want to be part of an organization that truly helps families every day, apply for this full-time position.
The Database and Gift Services Manager is responsible for the development, daily operation, and management of Exceed Beyond, RMHC’s database, and works to ensure overall data integrity and realize the broadest and highest use of the database by colleagues. (S)he ensures the timely recording, accuracy, and acknowledgement process of all gifts to the House. The Database and Gift Services Manager directly assists donors and colleagues with understanding the data, responding to a variety of inquiries and correspondences, often of a time sensitive and complex nature. Provides timely research on donors and prospects as required by the development department. Understands and utilizes the database to its fullest capabilities to extract information for reports, mailing lists, and miscellaneous projects. Prepares necessary reports to support the Accountant’s financial reporting.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the database, including data input and output, utilizing infopath forms as needed.
- Responsible for all activity relating to recording, balancing, and maintaining information related to gifts, matching gifts, pledges, and bequests.
- Responsible for all donor acknowledgements from foundations, corporations, individuals, direct mail campaigns, special events.
- Develops proactive strategies to improve the integrity of the database data, including the development of reports and statistics to monitor data integrity, database changes, address accuracy, and interrelationships of data.
- Creates and updates Exceed Beyond documentation of processes and procedures to assure accurate and timely processing of gifts, pledges and payments into the Exceed Beyond database.
- Maintains solid understanding of IRS charitable contribution rules and regulations. Stays abreast of emerging trends in the field of philanthropic gift recording.
- Makes informed decisions and judgments involving the proper entry, allocation, and documentation of gifts.
- Oversees generation of yearly pledge reminders as needed.
- Opportunity to train, develop, and manage Gift Services Assistant.
- Completes miscellaneous manual report requests, including lists for all RMHC mailings including direct mail, events and stewardship.
- Serves as database resource person and liaison for all users. Provides training and refresher services as needed.
- Responsible for weekly deposits.
- Prepares monthly cash input report (including PayPal, credit cards and direct deposits), Exceed Beyond revenue reports for Accountant and year-end reports.
- Responsible for activities related to TrueSense third party fundraising program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- This position requires 3-5 years of prior experience and knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and policies and procedures relating to the processing of charitable gifts.
- Experience with a fundraising database.
- Extensive skills and knowledge of information systems and computer operations (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Crystal Reports, and other graphics programs) in a fundraising environment.
- Experience in report writing and database querying is required. Requires knowledge in the application of technology and computer systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain relationships with staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Ability to detect errors and maintain the highest level of confidentiality when collecting and reporting data.
- Demonstrates initiative in problem solving and planning. Strong organizational skills and the ability to interact effectively with a variety of people in a team emphasized environment; attention to detail; and the ability to meet multiple priorities under strict deadlines is essential.
Any interested candidate should send a cover letter, resume, and desired salary range to Kelly Levenhagen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted by March 25, 2018
Reports to: Director of House Operations
Status: Part-Time (non-exempt)
Desired Hours: Mondays, 5:00-9:00 p.m., Fridays, 5:00-9:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
The Facilities Technician ensures that all families, volunteers, donors and staff are provided with a clean, comfortable, hospitable and safe environment in accordance with the established operating policies and procedures of Ronald McDonald House Charities Eastern WI (RMHC). Models a service attitude towards others, take ownership in solving problems and take the initiative to make things better, is friendly and courteous to families, volunteers, donors and staff. The position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks that support the operations team and contracted cleaning company to maintain guest rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the House.
- Assigned shift tasks, including emptying front office vacuums, pulling trash as needed from receptacles throughout the House, providing back-up support to contracted cleaning crew to clean and sanitize public bathrooms, and moving trash from trash room to dumpster, as needed
- Keeps storage areas neat and orderly, ensures basement and storage room floors are vacuumed and mopped on a weekly basis
- Inventory cleaning supplies and linens, clean all vacuum filters and restock supplies on a weekly basis
- Maintain clean and stocked housekeeping closets at all times
- Weekly/monthly inspection of guest rooms
- Walk-through and inspection of grounds, including Secret Garden, garage, and parking deck to inspect for maintenance and cleaning needs
- Report repair needs to Maintenance Service Technician and/or Director of House Operations
- Work as a back-up to volunteers for laundry needs
- Minor repairs (changing light bulbs, changing door batteries, etc.) as needed
- Assist staff with set-up and clean-up of events/activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion and support of the mission of RMHC
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Housekeeping experience, domestic or commercial, preferred (1 year)
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to follow instructions and work as a team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and prioritize tasks and know when to ask for assistance
- Ability to adapt to changes in procedures, as improvements are made
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending and kneeling with the ability to lift 50 pounds
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Kelly Levenhagen, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com by April 13, 2018.
Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services, Graphic Design, Marketing and PR, and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.