RMHC Eastern Wisconsin (RMHC) is a premier Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together while their seriously ill or injured child is being treated at an area hospital. RMHC is currently seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to support administrative functions of the House. Leading candidates will demonstrate compassion and enthusiasm for our mission and exhibit strong office administrative skills. RMHC offers a rewarding work environment where every day’s focus is on providing the best possible stay experience for the families we serve. We work hard as a team to move our mission forward. If you want to be part of an organization that truly helps families every day, apply for this part-time position (24 hours each week).
The compensation package will be commensurate with the responsibilities of the role and the experience of the candidate. This position offers flexibility in its work schedule but requires support leading up to, and including, the bi-monthly Board meeting. RMHC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Description: Provides administrative support to the President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Support President/CEO with administrative needs, including preparation of Word documents, Power Point presentations, meeting scheduling, and other tasks, as directed
- Support all Board activities, including scheduling Board and committee meetings, preparation of agendas and meeting minutes, preparation of Board pre-reads and Board meeting materials, and meeting follow-up
- Support staff activities, including preparation of agendas and minutes for staff meetings, Operations Team meetings and Development Team Meetings
- Assist with meeting day needs, including refreshments and venue set-up and clean-up
- Prepare reports, letters, and other documents, including file management of same
- Maintain Board attendance documents and preparation of new Board and committee member on-boarding materials
- Maintain all Board and staff personnel and administrative materials
- Assist in annual Chapter RADAR reporting
- Responsible for updates of Operations Manual, Crisis Management Plan, Employee Handbook and all other key internal RMHC documents, including electronic file maintenance
- Maintain petty cash, including preparation of monthly reports
- Maintain Kohl’s Cares grant file, including tracking of all expenditures
- Ordering of all RMHC office supplies and maintaining an organized Office Supply Room
- Entering Exceed! Actions for President/CEO
The background and experience of candidates should demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Professional demeanor with ability to communicate with a diverse audience of staff, Board of Directors and other organization stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with database knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Display, embrace and demonstrate a “can do” attitude with the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Passion for the mission of RMHC
Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services, Graphic Design, Marketing and PR, and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.