How to Stay
To qualify to stay at the Ronald McDonald House, you must be a parent/legal guardian who:
- Has a child 21 years or younger being treated at a Milwaukee area hospital.
- Lives outside of these four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington and Ozaukee. * Beginning January 25, 2016, Racine county families will qualify for staying at the RMHC if their child is receiving inpatient treatment at an area hospital.
If you meet these qualifications, take the next steps:
- Get a referral: Contact your child’s assigned hospital case manager/social worker to submit your referral.
- Check availability: Once on the RMHC waiting list, an RMHC Family Services staff member will contact the family between 8:00-9:00am for room availability. The Ronald McDonald House is not able to “reserve” a room for you. Your name is added to a “waiting list.” Rooms are assigned in order, based on the date and time your name is placed on the waiting list.
Important things to know:
- One room per patient family with a maximum of five per room (3 adults and 2 children maximum).
- Every person over 18 years of age staying overnight at RMHC must present a valid photo identification upon check-in.
- Families may check-in between the hours of 9 am-8:30 pm. Please allow at least 30 minutes for the check in process, which includes a brief orientation/tour and minimal paperwork.
- Check-ins must be completed by 9 pm (RMHC does not have 24 hour overnight check-ins).
- We require everyone staying to be infection-free. If a patient is in isolation please note on referral for follow-up.
- We have a suggested donation of $20 per night, however no family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay.
- The building and grounds of Ronald McDonald House are drug and smoke-free.
- Families clean their rooms before check-out.
- Families must be respectful and tolerant of other families who are equally concerned about the well-being of their children.