First and foremost, our primary concern is that any child and/or guest family member staying at our House is safe and comfortable.
We must, therefore, ask that each guest abide by the simple policies that we have established.
- For everyone’s safety, no alcohol, fireworks, illegal drugs, firearms, pornography or weapons are allowed in our House or on the property. Note that in Wisconsin it is illegal to be in possession of marijuana.
- RMHC is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not allowed inside or outside of our House, except for the designated smoking area on the east side of the building. This includes tobacco in any form including an electronic device.
- Child abuse will not be tolerated in the Ronald McDonald House. It is grounds for immediate termination of your stay at the House.
- Quiet hours in our House are from 10:00 p.m – 8:00 a.m. for everyone to get the rest they need.
- Community living areas, including the kitchens, playroom, game room and great room are shared areas and you must help us in keeping them clean for all to enjoy. Eating and drinking is permitted in the kitchens/dining rooms only, with the exception of covered beverages which are also permitted in the first floor common areas. Eating and open food/drinks in common rooms or guest rooms is not allowed.
- Room occupancy must not exceed the maximum number of five guests total for an overnight stay (3 adults and 2 children maximum).
- We are a family friendly communal environment. We ask that your language and your conversations are communally appropriate.
- Clean your room before check-out (refer to guest room check-out checklist in red folder). When ready to depart please remove all personal belongings. A volunteer will inspect your room, you will then finalize checkout with a manager (all keys and parking pass should be ready to hand in).
- Stealing food will not be tolerated at RMHC. Label all personal food in the kitchens with your name, room number and date. RMHC has a generous amount of general use food that is available to all guests in all kitchens.
- Eating/drinking in your room is not permitted. *Water only.
- Children must be supervised at all times. For the safety of your children, any child under the age of 14 must be supervised and within your sight. Children should not be left alone in the room. Children 14 and older are able to be in and around the house without an adult, as long as the adult is on the RMHC premises. *Staff, volunteers and other guests are not allowed to supervise guest family children.
- Use your room every 24 hours. If you are not able to use the room daily, RMHC asks that you check-out. If you have questions regarding this policy, please speak to the Family Services Manager/Manager on Duty.
- Everyone in our House must be registered, either as a guest or a visitor. Visitors are only permitted during the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Visitors must sign in and out at the front desk. Anyone staying past 10:00 p.m. as a visitor must be registered as an in-house guest. Your visitor’s behavior is your responsibility. All visitors must understand and abide by our policies; including entering the house in good health and infection free.
- Do not let anyone into our House. Even if you recognize the person at the door, please wait for a staff member to answer the door. Registered guests can use their keys to come and go; overnight visitors must register with the front office.
- Needles or other infectious materials, including diapers and used personal hygiene products, must be disposed of properly each day. Do not use a trash container in a common area for these items. *Note we have a sharps container on the first floor near the night manager office.
- The small refrigerator in your room is available to store medication, breast milk and water only. Breast milk and medication should never be stored in communal refrigerators.
- We ask that you take responsibility for maintaining and cleaning your room while you are here, including the cleaning of your bathroom and frequent laundering of your bed linens and bath towels. *Quilts/comforters should not be washed and can be exchanged in the front office.
- RMHC may inspect your room at any time without notice. RMHC makes every attempt to give advance notice. Weekly room inspections are completed by a house manager and any issues will be addressed.
- Supporting your child is the reason you are here. You are required to visit with your child for most of your day with any inpatient child.
- When your child is discharged from the hospital you are expected to check-out of RMHC, unless your child’s physician is requesting you to be in close proximity of the hospital or the patient’s status has changed to outpatient (minimum of 3 appointments per week to be eligible for continued stay at RMHC). We will request signed documentation in both instances.
- RMHC requires appropriate attire when walking through the house, including wearing shoes at all times (slippers are acceptable).
- If the family needs to leave for any time during their stay, the leave is up to the discretion of the Family Service Director/Manager on Duty.
- Damage to the property, including but not limited to guest rooms, fixtures, furnishings, artwork, décor or linens, will result in a charge of 100% of fair replacement value or necessary cleaning charges.
- To be registered to stay at the Ronald McDonald House you must be the parent/ legal guardian. Any other circumstances must be approved by the Family Services Director/Manager on Duty. All other overnight visitors must be an essential part of your support system to the patient, and need to be registered as overnight guests.
- Family must notify the staff at the time of check-in if a service animal will be in the House. Family will be responsible for any damage. Animals may not be left unattended in any room in the House.
- RMHC has the right to complete a background check on any guest at any time. A background check will be conducted following any behavioral circumstances that may compromise the safety of the House, families, staff or volunteers. *Any guest with a known/reported convicted felony within the last ten years may not stay at RMHC.
- Treat all people in our House with dignity and respect.
The privilege of having a room at our House is offered to you so that you may attend to the needs of your sick child. Anyone abusing that privilege may be asked to leave. Disruptive or irresponsible behavior (as solely determined by our House) that threatens the security or well-being of our guests /staff /volunteers will not be tolerated and will result in the loss of House privileges. I understand the House policies and, on behalf of my entire family, agree that I/we will follow them. I understand that if anyone from my family does not follow the rules, we may be asked to leave and will not be able to return to Ronald McDonald House Charities Eastern Wisconsin.